More ways that you can help PAWS:
1) Shop with PAWS in mind!!!
- Join the Kroger Community Rewards program and designate PAWS as your favorite charity. With your Kroger Plus Card you can have Kroger donate a percentage of your qualified purchase to PAWS!
This is what you do:
. If you do not have a Kroger Plus Card, you may obtain one by filling out an application at the service desk. They will provide you with a card at that time.
. Visit www.kroger.com and type in “manage community rewards” in the search box.
. Designate the Progressive Animal Welfare Society Adoption Center or use number 83130 as your choice of non-profit to receive rewards.
. Your receipts after you shop will name PAWS as your preferred non-profit at the bottom of the receipt.
. Kroger will send PAWS a check every quarter just because you chose PAWS as your preferred non-profit organization!
(Please note – if you have already signed up for this program, it ends April 30, 2013, and you need to reapply for the new Kroger Community Rewards Program which begins May 1, 2013, and ends April 30, 2014.)
- · Join Dorothy Lane Market’s Good Neighbor program here http://www.dorothylane.com/ClubDLM/join.pl and designate PAWS (#531) as your favorite charity here http://www.dorothylane.com/clubdlm/goodneighbor.pl Every time you shop and scan your Club DLM card, PAWS will be “credited” with the purchase. At the end of the year PAWS will receive a pro-rated portion of the total $40,000 that Dorothy Lane Markets has promised to give back to the community, depending on the amount spent by participating customers with a Club DLM card.
- · Join Gordon Food Service (GFS). Type this link: http://www.gfs.com/funfunds/home.page?OrgNumber=2494454 and register your information. We are organization number 2494454 and we are listed as “PAWS ADOPTION CENTER.”
- Purchase a comfortable Kuranda Bed to be donated to PAWS for one of our animals! Type in this link: http://kuranda.com/donate/5414 to donate a bed. You will make one of our pups feel like a king or queen every night!
- View PAWS “Wish List” online by visiting amazon.com. Type this link: http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/3JCD6OJWA47NG/ref=cm_wl_search_1
- Visit Petco in Franklin, Ohio, near Towne Mall. When you make a purchase at the register, the clerk will ask you if you want to donate additional monies to PAWS. Bark “YES!”
- · Visit For My Good Cause at http://www.formygoodcause.com/ and, when you make a purchase, add a donation to the Progressive Animal Welfare Society (PAWS).
2) Recycle your cans and newspapers by dropping off discarded aluminum cans and paper goods at the two large receptacle bins outside the PAWS shelter building. Rumpke will send PAWS a check for the materials.
3) Recycle your used ink cartridges with us. Please drop these off during the shelter hours listed above.
4) Donate a gift item or gift certificate for our annual “Fur the Love of PAWS” Auction. Date is Nov. 16, 2013, and location is Shaker Run Golf Club in Lebanon, Ohio. For more information about the auction, click the “Special Events” tab under “Events” on the top of the PAWS website at www.pawsadoptioncenter.org
5) Donate unwanted household items and appliances for our annual Garage Sale. PAWS and Middletown Dog Training Center are teaming up to have a Garage Sale on Saturday, July 13, 2013, from 9:00 to 2:00 at Middletown Dog Training Center, 1811 Germantown Road, Middletown, Ohio. All proceeds of the garage sale will benefit both organizations. We will be accepting donations for the sale. Donations can be dropped off at PAWS during the shelter’s open hours and also the week prior to the garage sale at Middletown Dog Training Center during the evening starting on July 8 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. and all day Friday, July 12 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The shelter’s open hours are as follows:
Sunday – Closed
Monday – Closed
Tuesday – 1 pm to 6 pm
Wednesday – Closed
Thursday – 1 pm to 6 pm
Friday – 1 pm to 6 pm
Saturday – Noon to 5 pm
6) PAWS-A-PALOOZA, hosted by PAWS, will be held August 17, 2013, from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. The event will take place at the corner of Manchester Road and Verity Parkway. This activity filled day is being planned to bring about animal awareness for the entire family, including your dogs! Come to experience a showcase of animal rescues, local shelters and demonstrations that will highlight local groups such as: search and rescue teams, obedience training classes and 4-H groups. In addition, safety talk for the kids (and adults) will be conducted throughout the day. To complement the animal fanfare, there will be great vendors with unique wares, fantastic food options, and live music!
After a day full of animal antics and education, plan to continue the fun by gathering at Governor Square from 6 p.m.-11 p.m. for cold beer, excellent food and featured bands Swamp Bees and Stagger Lee. Want to be a vendor or have your rescue or shelter be a part of this event? Contact email@example.com
PAWS canine and feline friends thank you for your generosity!